Non EU citizen with residency abroad


Every year, a quota of reserved places for non-EU students with residency abroad is set for each degree programme.

Find out how many reserved places there are by consulting the MIUR website 


pre-enrolment at Italian Embassies and entry visa

For matriculation, first submit your application for pre-enrolment (Form A) at an Italian Embassy (or Consulate) in the country you live in

Pre-enrolment deadline for A.Y. 2019/20  on  24 July 2019.

Important:  pre-enrolment at the Italian Embassy does not grant admission to degree programmes. In order to matriculate you also need to complete the admission procedures required by Università Politecnica delle Marche.


You must take the following documents to the Italian Embassy:

  • the application for pre-enrolment (Form A) duly completed;
  • high school diploma
  • two passport photos; 
  • the documents required for the visa application;
  • any language competence certificates (for more details please refer to the information provided concerning the possibility for exemption from the Italian language test and exemption from the Italian language test and the quota);
  • a health insurance policy where applicable.

You must obtain the following documents from the Italian Embassy:

  • an authenticated passport photo; 
  • an entry visa to Italy for study  purposes (“studio- immatricolazione università”);
  • a stamped health insurance policy, where applicable
  • the legalization and translation of your high school diploma and the declaration of value



Residence permit

Within 8 days from your arrival you have to apply for a permit of stay    (for more information visit Questura di Ancona)

You will be able to matriculate by submitting the receipt of your permit of stay application, but your matriculation will be subject to the delivery of your acquired permit of stay


Italian language test for access to degree programmes

Non-EU students with residency abroad must sit an Italian language test in order to be admitted to degree programmes taught in Italian. Students who successfully pass the Italian language test will then be able to sit the entrance exams according to course admission requirements,.

For the Academic Year 2019/20 expected date for the italian language test is September 2nd  2019

You are exempted from the Italian language test if:

  • you hold an Italian language competence certificate corresponding at least to level B2 as determined by the Council of Europe, issued within the CLIQ system (Certificazione Lingua Italiana di Qualità) by the University of Rome III, the University for Foreigners in Perugia or Siena, or the "Dante Alighieri" Society, or in agreement with Italian cultural institutions abroad or other institutions;
  • you are enrolling in the degree programme Food and Beverage Innovation and Management (FABIAM) entirely taught in English.



Enrollment to First Degree

The procedure for enrollment in degree programs is shown at   5 passi per iscriverti a UNIVPM The deadline for enrollment in degree programs for the academic year 2019/2020 is November 5th 2019. Foreign students must also take part at the knowledge tests prepared by the Department of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Sciences following the admission rules. verifica conoscenze

Required documents to enrol in a First Degree Course

  • foreign secondary school diploma, which was obtained following at least 12 years of schooling and grants access to a programmes at a university in one’s country of reference which is similar to that being applied to in Italy. If you hold a qualification obtained at the end of schooling lasting less than 12 years, in addition to the original secondary school diploma, you must submit an academic certificate stating that you have passed all the required exams:
  • for the first year of university studies, in the case of local school systems of eleven years;
  • for the first two years of university studies, in the case of local school systems of ten years.
  • (only if entrance exams are required for admission to university in your country) the certificate proving that you have passed the academic test


Enrollment to Master Degree

After pre-enrollment procedures at the Italian Embassy you must:

  1. Create your own Reserved Area at Esse3web
  2. Submit an application for prior assessment (“domanda di valutazione preventiva”) using your own Reserved Area
  3. The Registrar's Office will communicate you the date for the admission interview
  4. Proceed with the enrollment using your own Reserved Area (insert data, print enrollment application, print and pay first fee)
  5. Complete the enrollment by submitting the following documents to the Registrar’s Office:
  • Original degree or certificate valid for legal purposes translated, legalized and provided with a declaration of value by the Italian Embassy or Consulate competent for the territory
  • Certificate issued by the competent University containing the indication of the exams taken, the relative credits and / or hours of activities, translated and legalized
  • Programs of the exams translated and legalized in Italian or in English, formalized by the foreign university or, where adopted, Diploma Supplement



Students enrolling for the Food and beverage Innovation and Management (FABIAM) Master's degree program (course taught in English) can do the procedures (point 1.-2.-3.) at the website Department of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Sciences