Non EU citizen with residency abroad


Every year, a quota of reserved places for non-EU students with residency abroad is set for each degree programme.

Find out how many reserved places there are by consulting the MIUR website  


In order to register, it is necessary to follow a series of procedures, some in the country of residence, others after arrival in Italy. In particular it is necessary to carry out:




The Pre-enrollment Application must be submitted through the Universitaly portal in the following ways:

  1. Registration on the UNIVERSITALY portal
  2. Once the access credentials are generated, the candidate chooses the degree course to which he intends to enroll
  3. The candidate attaches a scan of the qualification obtained that meets the registration requirement and any other necessary certificates (example: language certification). The documents must be written in Italian or English or French
  4. The University assesses eligibility for enrollment and responds positively or negatively to the candidate (the University may request an addition to the documentation entered by the candidate). The answer will be visible on Universitaly portal (a notice will be sent to the candidate by email)
  5. After obtaining authorization from the University, the candidate turns to the Italian Diplomatic Representation in the country of origin by presenting the pre-enrollment application validated by the University, the qualification and any other required documents. The Diplomatic Representation will issue translation, legalization and declaration of value of the qualification obtained, in addition to the entry visa for Italy for study reasons.


Warning: pre-enrollment does not in itself allow admission to study courses. To enroll, it is also necessary to complete the  admission procedures provided by the Università Politecnica delle Marche for the chosen course of study.





Non-EU students with residency abroad must sit an Italian language test in order to be admitted to degree programmes taught in Italian. Students who successfully pass the Italian language test will then be able to sit the entrance exams according to course admission requirements,.

For the Academic Year 2020/21 the Italian Language Test will be taken remotely:

- on July 31st 2020 at 09:30 - send the application form by July 21st, 13,00 h (Italy);

- on September 24th 2020 at 09:30 - send the application form by September 14th, 13,00 h (Italy);


(consult the website


Students exempted from the Italian language test:

  • students who hold an Italian language competence certificate corresponding at least to level B2 as determined by the Council of Europe, issued within the CLIQ system (Certificazione Lingua Italiana di Qualità) by the University of Rome III, the University for Foreigners in Perugia or Siena, or the "Dante Alighieri" Society, or in agreement with Italian cultural institutions abroad or other institutions;
  • students who are enrolling in the degree programme IEC entirely taught in English.(the admission requires a B2 level of English proficiency)





Within 8 days from your arrival the student has to apply for a permit of stay  (for more information visit Questura di Ancona)

The student can enroll by presenting the receipt of the residence permit application. In this case the registration will be accepted with reserve until the delivery of the residence permit obtained.






The procedure for enrollment in degree programs is shown at   5 passi per iscriverti a UNIVPM .

The deadline for enrollment in degree programs for the academic year 2020-2021 is November 5th 2020.

Foreign students must also take part at the knowledge tests prepared by the Faculty of Economics following the admission rules. verifica conoscenze


Required documents to enrol in a First Degree Course

  • foreign secondary school diploma, which was obtained following at least 12 years of schooling and grants access to a programmes at a university in one’s country of reference which is similar to that being applied to in Italy. If a student holds a qualification obtained at the end of schooling lasting less than 12 years, in addition to the original secondary school diploma, he must submit an academic certificate stating that he has passed all the required exams:

                - for the first year of university studies, in the case of local school systems of eleven years;

                - for the first two years of university studies, in the case of local school systems of ten years.

  • (only if entrance exams are required for admission to university in your country) the certificate proving that the student has passed the academic test





After completing the procedures through the Universitaly portal

and at the Diplomatic Mission / Italian Embassy in the country of residence, you must:

  1. Register in Esse3web and create your own Reserved Area
  2. Submit an application for prior assessment (“domanda di valutazione preventiva”) using your own Reserved Area
  3. Wait for the publication on the website Facoltà di Economia of students eligible for enrollment
  4. Once the suitability has been obtained, proceed with registration using your own Reserved Area
  5. Complete the enrollment by submitting (delivering or sending electronically) the following documents to the Registrar’s Office :

             - Original degree or certificate valid for legal purposes translated, legalized and provided with a declaration of value by the Italian Embassy or Consulate competent for the


             - Certificate issued by the competent University containing the indication of the exams taken, the relative credits and / or hours of activities, translated and legalized



ATTENTION: Students interested in enrolling in the Master of Science in International Economics and Commerce (course delivered in English) can complete the procedures in points 2-3 by connecting to the course website


Warning: the pre-enrollment procedure through Universitaly and Diplomatic Representation is mandatory and must still take place even if there have been preliminary and informal contacts with the University or the referent Professor of the Master's Degree Course