Access: Planned at level locally
Order: D.M. 270/04
Type: First Cycle Degree (3 years)
The degree programme in Technics for Territorial Design and Management is a professionalising programme whose main aim is to provide students the necessary skills to prepare them for the profession within a three-year cycle.
Graduates can, in fact, enroll in the Board of Professional Surveyors (Collegio dei Geometri) and start working freelance as graduate surveyors.
The programme is structured so as to provide basic knowledge as well as professionalising skills aiming at training technicians with strong competencies in real estate appraisal, topography, construction safety, territorial management, economics and law already from the first year.
In the last part of the programme, a considerable number of training credits are devoted to internships in public and private institutions and companies. The internships can be supported with supplementary laboratory activities carried out in secondary schools.
Technics for Territorial Design and Management
Role in a work context:
Graduates from the programme in Technics for Territorial Design and Management will take care of territory construction and management. They will have the skills to understand and control the transformations brought by engineering works. To this end, they will be able to take care of the assessment of plants and infrastructures functional to environmental development. Moreover, they will be able to deal with topographical and cartographical surveys of environmental data, also in digital form. They will be able to contribute to, or carry out in full autonomy, procedures for the evaluation of real estate assets and the territory. Finally, they will be able to take care of the correct application of the legislation and safety procedures in construction processes, health of buildings and technical and administrative procedures of environmental management. Once they have obtained the degree, graduates can enrol in the the corresponding professional register (Collegi dei Geometri and Geometri Laureati).
Skills associated with the role:
The skills provided by the professional degree programme focus on four main areas:
- “Topography”: graduate technicians will have the knowledge of the main tools and techniques for topographical surveys of buildings, graphical rendering of site, building and infrastructure plans (railway lines, hydraulic plants, etc.);
- “Real estate appraisal and assessment”: graduate technicians will be able to estimate the market value of estate assets and provide technical, procedural and normative assistance for property evaluations;
- “Safety”: graduate technicians will have the knowledge of safety regulations to be applied to business processes in general and construction operations in particular; in addition, they will be able to assess, analyse and adapt building safety and health conditions;
- “Regional planning and management”: graduate technicians will be able to analyse urban and territorial transformation processes and contribute to urban and environmental planning and design, also evaluating the consequences of settlement actions and territorial transformations on the environment.
Graduate technicians can work both as freelancers or as employees in private or public companies, with the aim to:
- perform property valuations in compliance with current standards and technical consultancies related to real estate management and splitting;
- diagnose the conservation state and compliance with health and safety requirements of buildings and design possible upgrade interventions;
- measure, represent and protect the environment;
- manage and coordinate building processes of medium complexity safely;
- contribute to the analysis of urban and regional structures, also by elaborating urban and territorial planning and management acts;
- manage administrative procedures to support interventions on buildings and the territory.