Bureaucratic Procedures

visa image


Students from EU countries do not need a visa to enter the country. Other international students must obtain a visa before arrival unless exempt on the basis of  agreements between the countries involved. The visa must be applied for at the nearest Italian embassy or consulate in advance. The reason for entry must be stated clearly.


Residence Permits

If you want to stay in Italy for more than 3 months, you must go to the main police station (Questura) within a fortnight of your arrival to apply for a foreigner’s residence permit:

Questura - Via Gervasoni n° 19 - Ancona.


You will need:

  • A valid passport or ID card;
  • 3 passport photos;
  • A letter from the University proving that you are a student (this document will be given to you by the External Relations Office - Ripartizione delle Relazioni con il Territorio)






Useful links