Admission to Italian Degree Programmes for foreign students is regulated by the rules published every year on the MIUR website (Ministero dell’Istruzione, dell'Università e della Ricerca)


Degree programmes admission and enrolment procedures are depending on your personal situation. To see which procedures and requirements apply to you,  find out which group you should refer to


+ - EU citizen and EU equivalent status

You should refer to the procedures applicable to "Italian citizens, EU citizens and non-EU citizens with EU equivalent status" if:

  • you are a citizen of one of the following countries: Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and San Marino;
  • you are a citizen of a non-EU country, but you have one of the following residence permits, issued by the Italian Government (non-EU students with EU equivalent status): - for the purpose of employment or self-employment - for family reasons - for political or humanitarian asylum - for religious reasons - EU permit for long-term residents (previously, EC residence permit for long-term residents or residence card)
  • you are a citizen of a non-EU country, but you have been a resident in Italy for at least one year and you hold a qualification obtained in Italy, which gives you access to the degree programme of choice (non-EU students with EU equivalent status);
  • you hold - a 5-year or 4-year Italian secondary school diploma obtained from an Italian school abroad; - one of the secondary school leaving qualifications listed on,   where expressly provided for


Enrollment to First Degree  

Enrollment to Master Degree


When you submit your enrollment documentation you must deliver  to the Registrar’s Office your foreign secondary school diploma legalized, translated with a declaration of value issued by the Italian Embassy or Diplomatic Representation competent for the country where the title has been released.



+ - Non EU citizen with residency abroad

Every year, a quota of reserved places for non-EU students with residency abroad is set for each degree programme.

Find out how many reserved places there are by consulting the MIUR website 




Pre-enrolment at Italian Embassies and entry visa


For matriculation, first submit your application for pre-enrolment (Form A) at an Italian Embassy or Consulate in the country you live

Pre-enrolment deadline for A.Y. 2019/20  on  24 July 2019.

Important:  pre-enrolment at the Italian Embassy does not grant admission to degree programmes. In order to matriculate you also need to complete the admission procedures required by Università Politecnica delle Marche.


You must take the following documents to the Italian Embassy:

  • the application for pre-enrolment (Form A) duly completed;
  • high school diploma or Bachelor’s degree- transcript of records
  • letter of acceptance “Modello D” for admission to master's degrees
  • two passport photos; 
  • the documents required for the visa application;
  • any language competence certificates (for more details please refer to the information provided concerning the possibility for exemption from the Italian language test and exemption from the Italian language test and the quota);
  • a health insurance policy where applicable.

You must obtain the following documents from the Italian Embassy:

  • an authenticated passport photo; 
  • an entry visa to Italy for study  purposes (“studio- immatricolazione università”);
  • a stamped health insurance policy, where applicable
  • the legalization and translation of your high school diploma or your Bachelor’s Degree and the Declaration of Value


ATTENTION: All students interested to apply for a Master Degree (II level) HAVE TO SUBMIT their career for a    preliminary evaluation by the Professor responsible for the course.

The preliminary acceptance(modello D) by UNIVERSITA’POLITECNICA DELLE MARCHE does not substitute in any case the pre-enrolment to the course, which happens anyway only and exclusively upon the release of a VISA on the part of diplomatic Authority.


  • If you are interested in a course taught in English Language (Biomedical Engineering or Environmental Engineering) you have submit your university career for evaluation in the dedicated website:
  • Environmental Engineering
  • Biomedical Engineering



  • If you are interested in enrollment to a Master Degree taught in Italian language for a.y.2019/2020, you have to contact the Segreteria Studenti Ingegneria by mail              




Residence permit


Within 8 days from your arrival you have to apply for a permit of stay    (for more information visit Questura di Ancona)

You will be able to matriculate by submitting the receipt of your permit of stay application, but your matriculation will be subject to the delivery of your acquired permit of stay


Italian language test for access to degree programmes


Non-EU students with residency abroad must sit an Italian language test in order to be admitted to degree programmes taught in Italian. Students who successfully pass the Italian language test will then be able to sit the entrance exams according to course admission requirements,.

For the Academic Year 2019/20 expected date for the italian language test is September 2nd  2019

You are exempted from the Italian language test if:

  • you hold an Italian language competence certificate corresponding at least to level B2 as determined by the Council of Europe, issued within the CLIQ system (Certificazione Lingua Italiana di Qualità) by the University of Rome III, the University for Foreigners in Perugia or Siena, or the "Dante Alighieri" Society, or in agreement with Italian cultural institutions abroad or other institutions;
  • you are enrolling in the degree programme Biomedical Engineering or Environmental Engineering  entirely taught in English. The admission requires a B2 level of English proficiency.

Enrollment to First Degree

The procedure for enrollment in degree programs is shown at   5 passi per iscriverti a UNIVPM  

The deadline for enrollment in degree programs for the academic year 2019-2020 is November 5,2019. 

Foreign students must also take part at the knowledge tests (OFA) prepared by the Faculty of Engineering following the admission rules. 


Required documents to enroll in a First Degree Course

  • foreign secondary school diploma, which was obtained following at least 12 years of schooling and grants access to a programmes at a university in one’s country of reference which is similar to that being applied to in Italy. If you hold a qualification obtained at the end of schooling lasting less than 12 years, in addition to the original secondary school diploma, you must submit an academic certificate stating that you have passed all the required exams:
  • for the first year of university studies, in the case of local school systems of eleven years;
  • for the first two years of university studies, in the case of local school systems of ten years.
  • (only if entrance exams are required for admission to university in your country) the certificate proving that you have passed the academic test


Enrollment to Master Degree

  1. Create your own Reserved Area at Esse3web
  2. Proceed with the enrollment using your own Reserved Area (insert data, print enrollment application, print and pay first fee)
  3. Complete the enrollment by submitting the following documents to the Registrar’s Office:
  • Original degree or certificate valid for legal purposes translated, legalized and provided with a declaration of value by the Italian Embassy or Consulate competent for the territory;
  • Certificate issued by the competent University containing the indication of the exams taken, the relative credits and / or hours of activities, translated and legalized;
  • Programs of the exams translated and legalized in Italian or in English, formalized by the foreign university or, where adopted, Diploma Supplement if possible or explicitly requested by the professor 





+ - Recognition of foreign academic qualifications /exams

If you have an academic qualification obtained abroad, you can apply for its recognition. 

The Faculty Board is the competent body in the field of recognition of foreign degrees and exams. Only in the presence of bilateral agreements establishing the equivalence between qualifications there is the issue of the corresponding Italian qualification.


If recognition of your academic qualification is partial, you can obtain the enrolment in a given year of degree program, based on the number of credits recognized.

The total recognition of the qualification obtained abroad is not foreseen.



How to apply:

  • if you are a EU or non-EU with EU equivalent status student, you can submit the application to the Registrar’s Office
  • if you are a non-EU student with residency abroad, you can submit the application at the Italian Embassy of the competent territory

Documents to be submitted with application

  You have to deliver:

  • original foreign high school qualification, translated and legalized by the Italian Embassy, complete with the declaration of value,
  • original foreign academic qualification, translated and legalized by the competent Italian Embassy complete with the declaration of value;
  • original certificate issued by the competent academic authorities listing the exams passed, translated and legalized by the competent Italian Embassy;
  • official syllabus of all the learning activities completed by the student in order to obtain the foreign academic qualification, with an official translation into Italian.